Adventures as a pretend attorney

Monday, July 9, 2007

Relativity

I consider myself to be in pretty good shape. I work out seven days a week, and I run, swim, and lift. Yesterday I mixed it up a little bit by running some trails near my house. The trails were fairly easy, so I was especially pleased with myself.

But then I went to Pilates. [FN1] And now I know: I'm not in good shape. I'm especially inept when it comes to on-my-side exercises. The teacher had to hold me up for that portion of the class. She thought I just didn't understand her directions. Wrong. I WAS PHYSICALLY INCAPABLE OF FOLLOWING HER DIRECTIONS. The pain was excruciating. It was so much more difficult than the classes I've taken before. Apparently, they're soft in Manhattan.

Ow, ow, ow.

----
FN1. This is for the Abstract Concept. He is a strong supporter of my Pilates.

And while I'm at it, I should note that Mr. Jersey called. Just to chat. It was so amazing. (Hi, Mr. Jersey! Yes, I do footnote my blog posts.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a mischaracterization. I'm just opposed to you eating food that was intended for others. Sometimes (one time), however, I mistake (mistook) for whom the food was intended.