Adventures as a pretend attorney

Friday, June 8, 2007

Notes from the Road

A running list of tidbits from my cross-country trip (think of it as a blog in a blog):

1. Next to the baggage claim at Dulles International Airport, an insurance company has advertised, "What's lost can now be found." Clever. But disturbing, because who wants to think her luggage is lost?

2. On the drive to Charlottesville, I passed a restaurant which advertised, "We have crabs."

3. Things move slowly in the south. In San Diego, I'm usually getting out of others' way. But on my drive from Washington to Charlottesville, people were getting out of my way. Who knew that 75mph is speeding?

4. At the rehearsal dinner last night, Kaz asked me who "the panda" was. Well, duh.

5. After making this trip, I now know what love is. Love is taking the red-eye across the country, braving two hours' worth of morning rush hour in D.C., wending my way through rural roads to get to the church, staying coherent during the rehearsal in which I played a very small part, and talking at the rehearsal dinner with the ex-boyfriend who broke my heart. That is what love is. Needless to say, I love both the Bride and the Groom very much.

But I'm totally getting back at them.

No comments: